- Jeni Neale Botanical Art Workshops– all have to be booked in advance with the venue.
- Saturday 31st August ‘Paint the border’ Winterbourne House and Gardens. www.winterbourne.org.uk / 0121 414 3003
- Wednesday 4th October ‘Botanical Painting’ – Westhope College, Shropshire. www.westhope.org.uk / 01584 861293
- Saturday 23rd November ‘Botanical Christmas Cards’ Winterbourne House and Gardens (as above to book)
- Thursday 21st November ‘Botanical Christmas Cards’ Compton Verney Art Gallery. Phone 01926 645 500 or Emailfirstname.lastname@example.org
It is always worth looking at other web sites – unfortunately most of these courses are in London with the added cost of travel or overnight accommodation.
- Kew – email@example.com – September courses ‘Pen and Ink leaves’ and Drawing Trees, October ‘Painting on Vellum’ and Coloured Pencil Drawing
- Princes Trust – psta.org.uk – Short courses and lectures . Jess Shepherd ‘Botanical Painting and Taxonomy 23-27th September.
- Linnean Society – linnean.org – 8th October ‘Drawing Nature: Accuracy, Proportion and Scale’, and 19th September ‘Drawing a Nature Collection’ evening 18.00 – 20.00
Nature in Art – www.natureinart.org.uk – Situated at Twigworth in Gloucestershire has courses throughout the year.
Exhibition – Waddesdon Manor, ‘Brought to Life – Eliot Hodgkin Rediscovered’ a collection of his paintings including flowers, fruit. feathers and eggs. A National Trust property the exhibition is on until 20th October.
Celebration – On 15th September the society will be celebrating our 20th Anniversary. We have a lecture by Lucy Smith followed by a buffet lunch, and we will have archive material on display as well as work by our members. This event is by invitation only.
12th October – We will be participating at Open Studios at Stirchley Baths Community Center, there will be cards, prints and original paintings for sale as well as a display of work. The society will also have a stand at ‘Art Materials Live’ at the NEC from 31st October to 3rd November 2019