Our next meeting will take place on Sunday 16th March 2014. The April meeting will take place on the 6th April, thus avoiding Easter Sunday. All subsequent meetings will then take place on the third Sunday of each month at The Walker Memorial Hall, Ampton Road, Edgbaston, Birmingham, B15 2UJ.
Directions to The Walker Memorial Hall.
Note: SatNavs may send you a slightly more direct route, but this one is simpler and works in both directions.
- From M6 Junction 6 (Spagetti Junction) take the A38 M towards Birmingham City Centre.
- After 2 miles, the motorway ends; keep in one of the two right hand lanes and continue straight onto the A38, following signs to Bromsgrove.
- Keep to the right and continue through all three of the Queensway Tunnels, still following A38 towards Bromsgrove. Beware of Bus Lanes as there is a penalty if you stray onto them.
- At the traffic lights junction with the Birmingham Ring Road, go straight ahead onto Bristol Road (A38). Caution; this is a 30 mph limit and there are speed cameras!
- After 0.9 miles, you reach another set of traffic lights; turn right into Priory Road (following signs to Botanical gardens).
- At the roundabout, take the second exit and the bear left almost immediately into Ampton Road.
- At the junction with Arthur Road, go straight ahead. The hall (formerly a school) is about 100 yards on the left. There is ample car parking to the rear of the building.
The nearest bus stop is around the corner, in Arthur Road, served by service number 98 from St Martin’s Queensway in the city centre.
The nearest railway station is Fiveways, approximately 1.2 miles from the hall.