Guy William Eves tutored a workshop on 18th August. Guy began by giving some background into his life before botanical drawing took over. He explained that he draws living specimens, intricately setting up the stem and flowers into what will be the final composition. He very very rarely uses photographs. Guy then demonstrated his technique using a variety of graphite pencils some with sharp points others cut at angles and using small lines. This showed his patience and eye for detail. It was then our turn to try the technique.
Members of our society have paintings in exhibitions during August and September.
- Worcester Open Studios – 25th – 27th August, Sue Wilson and Jan Mason
- The Birmingham Watercolour Society Summer Exhibition at Hanbury Hall, Droitwich until 30th September – Sue Wilson, Jo Lloyd and Jeni Neale
- Winterbourne House and Garden, Birmingham B15 2RT from 31st August – 16th October – Jane Edwards ‘Recent Drawings’
- Canons Ashby, Nr Daventry 28th September – 3rd October. Jenny Major – Artist in Residence
Workshops with Jeni Neale
- 22nd September – Orchard Fruits
- 24th &25th November – Pods, Cones and Seeds. Venue for both is Winterbourne House and Gardens (Tel. 0121 414 3003 – contact the venue to book a place)
- 3rd October 2018 and 26th January 2019 – Westhope College, Shropshire (Tel 01584 861293 – contact the venue to book a place)